Official Dragon*Con Policies
Below are the General Policies as enunciated by the Dragon*Con folks themselves. Please note No. 2! Much thanks to Persik for getting this to us!
1. You must wear your membership badges at all times to be admitted to any convention function. In other words, yes, you have to wear your steenkin' badge!
2. Possession of alcoholic beverages by anyone under 21 years of age is grounds for expulsion from the convention without refund. It's, like, the law, eh?
3. Please keep all behavior that polite fans would find offensive in public in your hotel rooms.
4. Cameras are not permitted in the Art Show or Print Shop. Flash photography will not be allowed during the Masquerade; please check with Masquerade personnel for scheduled pre- or post-Masquerade photo sessions.
5. We'll offer sympathy, but Dragon Con is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged property, or for injuries sustained during the course of the convention.
6. Announced events and guests are subject to change and/or cancellation without notice. Every effort will be made to announce any changes via the Internet and pre-convention publications and our onsite newsletter.
7. We reserve the right to ask you to leave the convention and refuse to refund your membership money if you are behaving -- in technical terms -- like a jerk.
8. In general, no smoking, eating or drinking is allowed in the Dealer's Room, Panel Rooms, Art Show, Video Rooms, or Computer Room. Smoking is allowed in the designated "Smoking Con Suite."
9. Please abide by our weapons policy: All weapons must be non-working and peacebonded. No functioning projectile weapons includes water pistols, silly-string guns, and ping-pong pistols. Bladed weapons must be cased or sheathed at all times. No clowning around or showing off in the common areas. Any weapon used in an offensive manner will be confiscated and rule #7 enforced. We expect you to use good judgment; with your help, we can continue to allow peace-bonded weapons -- thanks!
10. Dragon Con security staff, hotel security, and local law enforcement officials will treat anything that looks like a real gun as a real gun. We do not post bail. Read rules 7 and 9 again.
11. NO CAMPING IN THE HALLS OR LOBBY! If you are found sleeping in the public areas, you will be asked to go to your hotel room. If you do not have a room, hotel or venue security will be forced to ask you to leave. Check the message board for people looking for people to share rooms and costs.
12. Please do not abuse our hotels or convention facilities. This includes putting signs on walls. Public locations for notices are provided. Room Parties and other announcements may also be dropped off at our Information Desk for inclusion in our Daily ęZine. Please don't eat the facilities; we'd kinda like to do this again!
13. Costumers, remember that no costume is NO costume, and there are public nudity laws in Georgia. Please wear appropriate clothing in the common areas.
14. Please abide by the above rules and a good time will be had by all.
All text and images are copywritten by their respective creators
and are not to be used without express written consent.